Saturday, March 31, 2007

Slipstreamed by Emerson


Dinner with a friend last night, catching up from 20 years of not seeing each other. She, immersed in the writings of Emerson, arrived with pages of his quotes and thoughts. The evening commenced with me reading aloud from these writings, to include my beloved and my friend. Initially, the reading was broken up by laughter, debate, questions, and all the things you would expect when reading Emerson aloud. My friend's enthusiasm about the father or existentialism rapidly enthused both my man and me, although it must be said I have always been enthusiastic about Emerson. His writing has always provoked my soul to encourage my intellect to embrace and process deep and meaningful experiences. As the evening progressed, the food tantalized and filled us, the wine flowed til it was gone, and Emerson slipstreamed his way into our conversation to such an extent that I firmly believe we all felt more enlightened about our existence by the end of the night.

No comments:

Moon Phase

Google Search

Google
 

Things to Ponder

Alchemy

a special place

a special place
we all need one